Volunteering with The Salvation Army is something people do everyday! You want to be involved, but are not sure how to go about it? Getting started is as easy as filling out the form below. Once we receive your information your local Salvation Army volunteer coordinator will contact you with more information.
Who can volunteer?
How does the process work?
Fill out the form above and we’ll take care of the rest!
What will I be doing?
Volunteer opportunities are varied. Listed below are a few of the opportunities. There are many other ways too for you to be involved:
- answer telephones, general office work
- computer data entry
- assist in packing food hampers
- stocking shelves, sort toys
- sort clothes and price items at a Thrift Store
- ring the bells at Christmas kettles
- assist with mailing projects and other seasonal activities at the local level
- assist seniors; be involved in sports activities etc.
- emergency disaster relief
You and the coordinator will be able to negotiate a schedule and suitable activities to engage you.
Are there any corporate opportunities?
There are opportunities for corporations to be involved – some contribute toys or financially, others offer to distribute materials, such as backpacks to childrens, or winter coats. Others offer to work as a group at the nearest Salvation Army camp ground for a day cleaning and repairing the grounds or cabins. Some help sort toys and food at Christmas time etc.
Is there a set time-frame?
The length of time varies from position to position you and the coordinator can work out the details.
Can young people do community service hours?
Yes they can! Just follow the same procedures as above.
Please contact us with your requests. We are waiting to hear from YOU!
Together, we can make a difference!
Benefits of Volunteering
• It can open up new opportunities. You can develop important life skills and work experience.
• You may meet a new friend.
• You will become a part of the community.
• It looks good on a résumé.
• It will provide a sense of achievement.
• It will motivate your family and friends to take action.
• You may discover new interests and hobbies.
• It will improve your confidence.