Reality is that one in 11 Canadians live in poverty. And when you live in poverty basic human rights are often nonexistent because you can’t afford the essential staples of life: nutritious food, shelter, and clothes.
Do you want to make someone’s life a little easier? With a little planning, lots of passion and six simple steps you’ll help someone when they need it most. And you might even inspire others to do the same.
1. Call your local Salvation Army, ask the question “what do you need?” and get the specifics involved.
2. Choose a start and end date for a toy/food/clothing drive.
3. Decide where you’ll collect the donations.
4. Set goals and encourage people to help you surpass your goals.
5. Use local social media to reach new audiences.
6. Give your contacts updated totals.
A simple, grassroots drive can have great impact!