The 2017 Santa Shuffle race and the Elf Walk will be held on December 2nd
A 5km race and a 1km Elf Walk for all ages! Teams, families and individuals are welcome!
The Santa Shuffle and the Elf Walk are annual events that brings families and friends together. The event can be found in different locations in major cities across Canada, including Montreal, Quebec and Shawinigan.
This winter-related race is a fun holiday activity that allows The Salvation Army to help families and individuals in need, not only during the Christmas season but throughout the rest of the year.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMAITON
Online at http://www.santashuffle.ca or at the running room.
Santa Shuffle (5km) 10am
Elf Walk (1km) 11am
• How can my teammates fund raise online?
In order for individual team members to collect pledges online, they must have a member profile through the http://www.runningroom.com Athlete Dashboard. Once a profile is created, their email address will connect with the ‘pledge and athlete’ link. Please be sure to correctly enter your team mates email addresses.
• I registered online, but people who are trying to sponsor me are unable to find me on the “search for an athlete” link.
You have asked that your name be ‘hidden’ from the public confirmation list. Please contact your local Run Director and they can ‘un-hide’ your name.
• I registered at my local Running Room store, but I cannot see myself on the race confirmation list.
Walk-in registrations are collected by local Salvation Army staff on a weekly basis and entered online manually. The process can take up to two weeks before your registration appears online.
• Are strollers allowed?
Yes, but for safety reasons, we ask that they stay towards the back of the group.
• Can I bring my dog to this event?
While we don't actively encourage anyone to bring their dog to this event, and in some cases the park that hosts the event prohibits animals, any dogs that are running with their owners should be on a leash and are the full responsibility of the owner.
• Is this race timed?
No, it is a fun run without any timing.
• How do I get a Santa Shuffle T-shirt?
T-shirts are complimentary with a minimum of $50 in pledges. T-shirts can also be purchased for $15.
• We have 12 people for our team, but I can only register 10.
10 is the maximum number for a team. You can split your group into two teams and compete against each other for fund-raising, or register the additional two people as individuals, but still run together.
• Can some of our team participate in the 5K and some do the 1K?
Yes, just be sure to tell the folks at Race Package pick-up, so that you get the appropriate coloured race bib.
• Is there parking available?
Yes there are parking spaces on Mount Royal, 3 dollars per hour, or 9 dollars for the day
• What is the nearest metro/bus?
Bus 11 (STM) goes through the mountain from the Mont-Royal subway station in Côte-des-Neiges. Other buses also go to the mountain:
– Metro: Place des Arts / bus 80, 129, 435 or 11
– Metro: Côte-des-Neiges / bus 165, 435 or 11
– Metro Guy-Concordia / bus 165, 435 or 11