Please check the links below for current opportunities
Clinton – CFS and Food Bank
Emergency Disaster Services
Hamilton Freeway Coffee House
Hamilton Suicide Crisis Line
Hamilton Public Relations Office
Kitchener Courthouse Greeter
London Centre of Hope
London – Tax Clinic – File Preparation
London – Community Gardens
London Correctional and Justice Services – Web Site Content Manager
Ontario Great Lakes Divisional Headquarters
St Catharines and Welland
Wingham and area C&FS
Woodstock -CFS Driver
Can't find anything near you?
Tell us more about yourself by completing a profile and we will try to match you up with a Salvation Army location near you.
To do so, click on Volunteer Icon below.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone can volunteer, but in some cases there are certain age requirements.
How does the process work?
- You can review the opportunities at the bottom of this page and click on one.
- If you don't see anything in your area, please contact The Salvation Army location nearest you.
- You can find this by using our Locator tool at http://www.salvationarmy.ca/locator/
What will I be doing?
Volunteer opportunities are varied. Listed below are a few of the opportunities. There are many other ways too for you to be involved:
- answer telephones, general office work
- computer data entry
- assist in packing food hampers
- stocking shelves, sort toys
- sort clothes and price items at a Thrift Store
- ring the bells at Christmas kettles
- assist with mailing projects and other seasonal activities at the local level
- assist seniors; be involved in sports activities etc.
- emergency disaster relief
You and the coordinator will be able to negotiate a schedule and suitable activities to engage you.
Are there any corporate opportunities?
- There are opportunities for corporations to be involved – some contribute toys or financially, others offer to distribute materials, such as backpacks to children or winter coats. Some help sort toys and food at Christmas time etc.
Is there a set time-frame?
- The length of time varies from position to position you and the coordinator can work out the details.
Can young people do community service hours?
- Yes they can but certain limitations may exist! Give us a call or just follow the same procedures as above.
Please contact us with your requests. We are waiting to hear from YOU!
Together, we can make a difference!
Benefits of Volunteering
- It can open up new opportunities. You can develop important life skills and work experience.
- You may meet a new friend.
- You will become a part of the community.
- It looks good on a résumé.
- It will provide a sense of achievement.
- It will motivate your family and friends to take action.
- You may discover new interests and hobbies.
- It will improve your confidence.
Can't find anything in your city?
Check out the video below to hear how volunteers make a difference.