Please check these links before for current opportunities
Clinton – CFS and Food Bank
Emergency Disaster Services
Hamilton Freeway Coffee House
Hamilton Suicide Crisis Line
Hamilton Public Relations Office
Kitchener Courthouse Greeter
London Centre of Hope
London – Community Gardens
Ontario Great Lakes Divisional Headquarters
St Catharines and Welland
Wingham and area C&FS
Woodstock -CFS Driver
Can't find anything near you?
Click on the Volunteer Logo and tell us more about what it is you're looking for. We'll do the best to find the volunteer opportunity for you.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone can volunteer, but in some cases there are certain age requirements.
How does the process work?
- You can review the opportunities at the bottom of this page and click on one.
- If you don't see anything in your area, please contact The Salvation Army location nearest you.
- You can find this by using our Locator tool at http://www.salvationarmy.ca/locator/
What will I be doing?
Volunteer opportunities are varied. Listed below are a few of the opportunities. There are many other ways too for you to be involved:
- answer telephones, general office work
- computer data entry
- assist in packing food hampers
- stocking shelves, sort toys
- sort clothes and price items at a Thrift Store
- ring the bells at Christmas kettles
- assist with mailing projects and other seasonal activities at the local level
- assist seniors; be involved in sports activities etc.
- emergency disaster relief
You and the coordinator will be able to negotiate a schedule and suitable activities to engage you.
Are there any corporate opportunities?
- There are opportunities for corporations to be involved – some contribute toys or financially, others offer to distribute materials, such as backpacks to children or winter coats. Some help sort toys and food at Christmas time etc.
Is there a set time-frame?
- The length of time varies from position to position you and the coordinator can work out the details.
Can young people do community service hours?
- Yes they can but certain limitations may exist! Give us a call or just follow the same procedures as above.
Please contact us with your requests. We are waiting to hear from YOU!
Together, we can make a difference!
Benefits of Volunteering
- It can open up new opportunities. You can develop important life skills and work experience.
- You may meet a new friend.
- You will become a part of the community.
- It looks good on a résumé.
- It will provide a sense of achievement.
- It will motivate your family and friends to take action.
- You may discover new interests and hobbies.
- It will improve your confidence.
Can't find anything in your city? Look up the nearest Salvation Army near you and give them a call. They might have something for you. Click here to find the location nearest you.
Check out the video below to hear how volunteers make a difference.