Toronto, ON (February 28, 2012) - Bentall Kennedy today launched its Fare Fight For Food Challenge, a national initiative that will partner Bentall Kennedy-managed shopping centres in 17 locations across Canada with local food banks.
During the next 8 months, 10 Dundas East and The Salvation Army Railside Centre will host special events and promotions to raise awareness about hunger in our communities and across our country. 10 Dundas East will also compete against other participating malls across Canada, for funds raised and pounds of food collected. Winners will be given one of five $10,000 grants, to be donated to the winner’s partner food bank.
“In Canada, food bank usage is on the rise and Bentall Kennedy is determined to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work” said John Minas, Vice President, Retail Services East. Food Banks Canada’s website indicates that each month, close to 900,000 Canadians are assisted by food banks, and 38% of those helped are children and youth. “Our goal is to raise $75,000 & collect 20,000 pounds of food during our national challenge” said John Minas, Vice President, Retail Services East.
100% of the proceeds collected during fundraising will go to the partner food banks across Canada. The shopping centre that raises the most money will earn its partner food bank an additional $10,000. Other grant categories include: Most amount of money fundraised per shopping centre square foot; Most amount of non-perishable food collected (by weight); Highest amount of corporate/business/service club monetary donation received; and lastly most amount of shopper/supporter e-mail addresses collected from the national on-line contest.
“Each shopping centre will designate a high traffic area to bring attention to our campaign, look for our display at each participating mall” said Tony Segaric, Vice President, Retail Services West. “We will showcase our goal progress, adding excitement and a little friendly competition to our national challenge!”
For more information about Bentall Kennedy’s Fare Fight For Food campaign, visit farefightforfood.ca. We encourage everyone to enter the on-line contest for a chance to WIN Groceries For A Year (A $3,000 Value) and support their local Food Bank!
Current Participating Shopping Centres & Benefitting Food Banks
- Cloverdale Mall (Etobicoke, ON) – Daily Bread Food Bank
- Sheridan Centre (Mississauga, ON) – Mississauga Food Bank
- Milton Mall (Milton, ON) – Salvation Army Khi Community Food Bank
- Westmount Shopping Centre (London, ON) – London Food Bank
- Windsor Crossing (LaSalle, ON) – Windsor Essex County Food Bank
- Hazeldean Mall (Kanata, ON) – Kanata Food Cupboard
- 10 Dundas East (Toronto,ON) – The Salvation Army Railside Centre
- Bower Place (Red Deer, AB) – Red Deer Food Bank Society
- North Hill Centre (Calgary, AB) – Calgary Interfaith Food Bank Society
- Oliver Square / Village (Edmonton, AB) – Edmonton Food Bank
- Capilano Mall (North Vancouver, BC) – Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
- Driftwood Mall( Courtenay, BC) – Comox Valley Food Bank Society
- Tamarack Centre ( Cranbrook, BC) – Cranbrook Food Bank Society
- Park & Tilford (North Vancouver BC) – Harvest Project
- Village Green Mall (Vernon, BC) Vernon Food Bank
- Westshore Town Centre (Langford BC) Goldstream Food Bank
- Willowbrook Shopping Centre (Langley, BC) Langley Food Bank
About Bentall Kennedy
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest real estate investment advisors and one of its foremost providers of real estate services. Bentall Kennedy serves the interests of more than 500 clients across 142 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, residential and hotel properties totalling $27 billion throughout North America. Bentall Kennedy has a 100-year track record of delivering superior returns and a reputation for integrity, innovation and creating value. Bentall Kennedy is a leader in responsible property investing. As part of our fiduciary framework, we seek to enhance asset performance by addressing the environmental, social and governance aspects of developing, owning and managing commercial real estate. For more information visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Retail Services West
Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP