Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Thrift Store Supervisor
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Hiring Committee – Summerside
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The Store Supervisor ensures the efficient and effective reclamation, processing, and distribution of goods.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB DUTIES:
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
– Directs all operations of the Thrift store.
– Monitors performance, Health & Safety, and employee/labour relations and provides feedback to Store Manager.
– Takes responsibility for staff safety by ensuring overall compliance with all safety procedures and by monitoring Health & Safety policies and procedures.
– Ensures attractiveness of the store through “Tidy Maintenance”.
– Monitors loss prevention program in compliance with the budget.
– Oversees and/or participates in facility management including cleaning, maintenance, repairs in/outside and grounds maintenance.
– May lock up sales cash and receipts at the end of each shift.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all incumbents perform all of the duties described above but perform a similar range of duties.
JOB DUTIES: Will be shared during the Interview Process.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED:
The successful job applicant will have completed High School.
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent must have the following experience before hire:
One year/ but less than three years of prior related experience, including retail and supervisory experience.
PHYSICAL EFFORT/DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
The performance of the job requires frequently standing for long periods of time, pushing and pulling, lifting, kneeling and occasionally twisting, bending, crouching, reaching and reaching overhead
The incumbent’s work environment is typically in the store or warehouse.
The incumbent may have little to no travel required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full Time – 35 hours per week, as per schedule
CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 24th, 2017
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Salvation Army – Community & Family Services & Thrift Store
374 Pope Street Summerside, PEI
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.