Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Temporary Full Time Housing Response Case Manager
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Employee Relations Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
JOB PURPOSE: To facilitate, through a coordinated case management process and housing first approach, the moving of individuals from street to permanent housing with supports.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Reports to the Coordinator of Outreach and Housing Services.
• Works as part of the team with other Support Workers, other Centre staff, outreach workers and other community resources in providing services to the clients.
• Engage client “where they are at” – on street or a location most comfortable for client.
• Case Management which includes Intake and Assessment for Housing history, Barriers to housing and Immediate and ongoing needs (ID, financial, food, shelter, clothing, medical)
• Preliminary Goal Setting/Plan to Assess Client conditions to determine Housing history and, barriers to housing.
• Provide crisis intervention.
• Coach and support clients as needed to access appropriate services.
• Monitor and follow up on client’s progress. Advocate on behalf of the client as required and appropriate.
• Arrange for case conference where appropriate or attend reviews called by community workers.
• Keeps accurate records and documentation.
• Prepare statistical and other reports as required.
• Adheres to all procedures, rules, and guidelines for the safety and security of residents and staff.
• Performs additional duties when required.
• Maintain contact with clients for the purpose of:
o Monitoring progress of clients in working on goal plan
o Following established procedures, referring to appropriate Centre and community resources and
o Advocating on behalf on the client to other Centre staff or outside resources, as requested by coordinator.- Attend staff meetings and case conferences prepared to offer information regarding clients and services issues.
• Implement appropriate emergency procedure as necessary.
• Maintains records as required (e.g. incident report, log notes, and case notes)
• Relevant Community College/University education in social work or related fields, preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience working with urban disadvantaged population.
• Several years experience in direct client service with the homeless, ideally in an outreach setting
• Experience working with an urban hard-to-serve client population with addiction and mental health issues.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Experience in working cooperatively with community resource agencies.
• Effective communication skills, particularly in negotiation and advocating for clients needs.
• Knowledge of local housing placement resources, and processes for particularly hard to serve clients.
• Good writing skills for documentation and correspondence.
• Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Bilingualism (French and English) is essential
• Trained in Standard First Aid/CPR, Assist, Non Violent Crisis intervention preferred.
• Valid class “G” driver’s license and a clean drivers Abstract
• Must supply a current Clear Police Reference Check for Vulnerable Sector
HOURS: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (on call when needed)
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.