Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Temporary Full Time Christmas Kettle Campaign Coordinator
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Jacqueline Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
Overview: The Christmas Kettle Campaign is the main fundraising program in support of the work of the Community and Family Services Ministry.
• Provide general oversight of the Christmas Kettle Campaign from Oct 10 – Dec 29, 2017.
• Recruit, train, supervise and lead volunteers and hourly employees for duration of campaign (ensure all necessary paperwork and time sheets are completed on time, kettles are monitored at all times etc.); establish teams to count, track and report all kettle funds to Kettle Coordinator and maintain excellent records of all monies received from kettles; schedule teams to pick up all kettles nightly)
• Be the “Face of the Salvation Army” (be a positive, professional representative); establishing and maintaining relationships with local businesses. This would include receiving and responding to concerns from community and/or businesses, volunteers and hourly employees in courteous manner and working with various forms of local media to promote the Christmas Kettle Campaign. You will also solicit service clubs, organizations, and other churches to recruit volunteers for Kettles Campaign
• Contact businesses for kettle placement and storage of supplies; keeping inventory of supplies at all times (ensuring that all supplies/equipment are in good working order) and submitting lists when ordering of supplies is needed
• Pick up and drop off kettle equipment/supplies as needed
• Attend Christmas Kettle Information Session(s) at DHQ
• Perform other Christmas Kettle Campaign Coordinator duties assigned by either Kettle Coordinator or Corps Officer
• Work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and Saturdays
• Complete and forward a final report (including recommendations)
• Previous experience and/or education in special event organization, fundraising, campaign operation and/or supervision of paid/unpaid staff an asset.
• Valid “G” driver’s license required and access to vehicle.
• General working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft/computer programs
• Understand and work in accordance with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army
• Excellent time management, organization skills (multi-tasking, working well under pressure), communication/interpersonal skills
• Clear Police Background Check
HOURS: 40 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.