Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Temporary Full Time Website & On-Line Access Assistant (student) – June 5 – Aug. 4, 2017
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Major Norman Garcia: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The web site and online access assistant will help optimize our web site. He or she will continue the development of social networking and other online ways for The Salvation Army to connect with the community. An important task will be to develop online abilities for us to receive applications for various services.
• Assist Corps Officer to evaluate current web site for accessibility to clients and people seeking information on our services
• Assist Corps PR and fundraising coordinator in proposing and implementing needed changes so that web site is accessible to all applications for regular and seasonal help and be submitted on line
• Help Web Master optimize web site so that people can find information on our services
• Create network links to relevant agencies and services
• Enrolled in a Media program which includes Web Design at a recognized College or University
• Was in school full time during the 2016-2017 school year and is returning to school full time in 2017-2018
• Minimum one year experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and work well in a faced paced office/community setting
• Experience with general office equipment (i.e./fax, photocopier)
• Understanding and support of the Mission of The Salvation Army
• Valid Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.