Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Senior Staff Accountant
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Employee Relations, Fax: (416) 422-6352 Email: https://salvation-army.fluidreview.com
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The Finance Department is comprised of professionals and support staff who provide corporate finance, accounting, financial reporting, investment, treasury management, and pension and payroll services to The Salvation Army. About half of the group is based at the Army’s head office in Toronto, with the remaining staff located in Calgary, Winnipeg and St. John’s.
Role and Responsibilities
• The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions, these responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
• reviewing & posting journal entries provided by the ministry units to ensure they comply with Salvation Army policies and then processing them for review
• performing reconciliations of various accounts
• proposing correcting entries when reconciling items are noticed
• prepare journal entries, and
• supervision and guidance of staff accountants
• other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Must be enrolled in either the CPA at an advanced level
• 3 to 5 years of related accounting experience;
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience working on general ledgers
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work under general direction
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level
• Prior working experience in various Accounting / ERP platforms is required
• Demonstrated ability to lead others, manage and trouble shoot processes is required
• Previous experience supervising staff would be an asset.
Please include the competition # 17-038 in the subject line of your email.
Please apply at https://salvation-army.fluidreview.com/
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.