Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Interested applicants must respond in writing and quote Job No. 1606 to:
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
• Perform client intake and discharge functions as necessary during shift
• Ensures client supervision and safety and complies with relevant Belkin House Policies and Procedures
• Utilize knowledge of issues, if applicable to the work setting, pertaining to homelessness, addictions, mental health, women with children, domestic violence/abuse, and to act as a client advocate, provide emotional support
• Maintain appropriate records and statistics, ensure that all required documentation is accurate and complete
• Attend and participate in meetings as required
• Be a mature individual, who is committed to the mission of Belkin House
• Completion of Grade 12 or the equivalent education, training and experience is typically required for this position
• At least six months’ previous experience in issues including domestic violence/abuse, substance abuse, mental health, and homelessness issues, in a residential environment is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision
• Successful obtainment of Enhanced Reliability Status Security Clearance
• Successful obtainment of clearance through the Criminal Record Check under the Criminal Records Review Program
• Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
• Possess valid First Aid/CPR certificate or obtain as condition of employment prior to the end of probationary period.
• Part Time: 16 hours per week
• Saturday & Sunday (12:00 AM to 8:30 AM)
SALARY: Per collective agreement
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.