Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Shelter Support Worker
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email, indicating “Temp Shelter Support Worker” in the subject line.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
• Handles the admission, orientation and evaluation of guests
• Develops case plans
• Performs internal and external security checks
• Consistently demonstrates respect and empathy for all guests
• Monitors the activities of the guests
• Maintains availability for personal, practical and moral support
• Provides safe storage and recording of prescribed medications
• Accurately records day-to-day happenings
• Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed
• Coordinates guest care relating to security issues
• Ensures ongoing enforcement of policies
• Performs other assigned duties as required to ensure a safe and secure environment
• Strong service ethic and a friendly disposition with the public
• Adaptability to change and frequent interruptions
• Team oriented and able to take initiative
• Willingness to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Grade 12 education or equivalent
• Criminal Record Check
• CPR, First Aid and Non-Violent Crisis Training an asset
• Computer ability
• Temporary Part time – April 1, 2017 to Sep 30, 2017
• Saturday to Tuesday, 6AM to 10AM
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.