Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Part Time Weekend Janitor – union position
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
David Costello, Property Manager: email@example.com
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
PURPOSE: To thoroughly & properly clean all areas of the building as required.
• All Dormitory beds to be made as assigned with linen changed as required.
• Wash & Wax as necessary all tiled floor within the Hostel. All floors to be dry-mopped – Dormitory rooms dusted daily.
• All furniture, including dresser, tables, chairs, lamp base dusted. Bed Frames, under mattresses &storage areas to be dusted weekly.
• Dust & clean along baseboards, shelf tops, window ledges. Lower sections of windows should be cleaned as required.
• All carpeted floors to be vacuumed.
• Marks on floors and walls to be spot-cleaned.
• All refuse to be collected and garbage bags replaced.
• Work Carts and Storage Areas to be checked for supplies – any shortages should be reported to Supervisor.
• Note & report any required repairs or replacements to Supervisor. Any emergency repair situation must be reported to Supervisor as quickly as possible.
• Stairwells & stairs to be cleaned as per schedule – railings must be dusted.
• Window ledges & accessible light fixtures to be dusted – this does not include ceiling fixtures.
• Chapel, Lounges & Administration Offices to be cleaned according to schedule.
• Any other related duties as requested by Management
• Minimum Grade 10
• Some working knowledge and experience in related field
• Ability to work with a team and independently
• Current WHMIS Certification
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification
• Police check clearance for the Vulnerable Sector
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
CUPE represented employees at the Maxwell Meighen Centre have priority over all other applicants.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.