Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Lt. Michelle Cale
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
• Provide overall supervision daily during the Christmas Kettle Campaign
• Recruit, train, direct and work alongside volunteers
• Scheduling of volunteers, ensuring all kettle locations are covered daily.
• Ensure kettle stands/equipment are placed at the pre-arranged locations on time.
• Ensure kettle locations are kept well-stocked with supplies (ie. Literature, etc)
• Co-ordinate with Officer, or designate, for dropping off and picking up of kettles.
• Contact churches, businesses and other organizations to fill volunteer spots on kettles
• Assist in coordinating and scheduling counting volunteers/ counting the kettle income.
• Record and file contact information for various groups.
• Following the campaign, retrieve all equipment from various kettle locations.
• Post campaign, prepare an overall report on the campaign to be submitted to the Officer
• After campaign, follow up with contacts at Kettle locations and prepare thank you letters to groups who volunteered on kettles.
• Represent The Salvation Army in a positive, professional manner
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Valid BC Driver’s license
• Understand and support the mission of The Salvation Army.
• Be able to work in a high stress environment
• Minimum of Grade 12 education
• Monday-Saturday beginning Monday, October 20th, 2017 and ending Friday January 5th, 2018.
• Up to 40hr per week”
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.