Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Val Wicks Community Ministries Coordinator E-Mail: email@example.com
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
• Work in cooperation with the Business Manager and Corps Officers in the planning, organizing and directing all aspects of the Christmas Kettle campaign
• Preparation of volunteer emails, letters, posters, and pamphlets
• Promote campaign and represent The Salvation Army throughout the community
• Inform and assist the Corps Officers with media and communications regarding the campaign.
• Contact schools, churches, service clubs and businesses – recruit volunteers and solicit support
• Recruitment of Kettle workers (volunteers) assisting with orientation, performance management, and discipline
• Secure kettle sites and storage locations
• Foster and maintain positive working relationships with store management at kettle sites, address concerns and issues
• Coordinate Kettle scheduling and ensure kettle sites are adequately staffed responding to emergency absences.
• Hosts a kettle as required, ensuring necessary coverage in emergency situations (illness, no show, etc.)
• Receive and respond to telephone calls, emails and drop in contact from potential and current volunteers or the general public, referring when appropriate.
• Coordinate day to day operations, including pick-up and drop-off of kettles/containers
• Prepare accurate reports and forms on the planning and progress of the campaign, preparing a final report at the end of the campaign
• Drop off and pick up kettle equipment and supplies as required, ensuring the security of donations.
• Maintain the online databases (Volunteer Scheduler Pro, Kettle System) recording statistical data and preparing weekly reports as needed.
• Assist with coordinating donation counters and overseeing counting
• Prepare and send letters of acknowledgement for volunteers doing community hours such as high school students, especially after the campaign has ended.
• Prepare a detailed report of campaign and inventory of supplies
• Assist with processing Christmas donation receipts
• Other duties as required/encountered
• Ability & willingness to work in compliance with the mission, vision and values of The Salvation Army
• Enthusiastic team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess strong organizational , public relations, and leadership skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to meet deadlines and cope with stressful situations
• Agreeable to a flexible, non-routine schedule – willing to work long hours including Saturdays
• Possess intermediate computer knowledge – Microsoft Office knowledge is a must
• Possess a class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle
• Current clear criminal records check
• Supervision experience is an asset but not required
Term: Term Position: seasonal/temporary (October 16/17 – January 31/18 or the completion of receipting, whichever is first) Approximately 20 hours/week in October, increasing to approximately 30 hours/week in November, and then 40 hours/week in December leading up to and including Christmas Eve. January will be 32.5 hours/week until receipting is complete or Jan 31/17 whichever is first. Flexibility with schedule is required
Interested applicants must respond in writing by Wednesday October 4, 2017 to:
Val Wiks Community Ministries Coordinator
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.