Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Interested applicants must respond with cover letter and resume, and quote “Fundraising Coordinator #17-022” by 4:00 PM
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
DONOR RELATIONS & FUNDRAISING –
• Collaborates with the Manager of Community Resources and Executive Director to establish annual fundraising targets and strategies for raising funds
• Develops and implements donor data management and donor recognition processes
• Cultivates relationships with current donors through prompt email and phone correspondence, face to face visits, socializing, recognition events, etc., seeking to increase their financial support of Harbour Light
• Researches and creates profiles for, and develops relationships with prospective donors, foundations, government, and corporate partners
• Handles ongoing accurate and efficient donation data entry with careful attention to donor designations and requests; maintains up-to-date donor information
• Ensures donation processes and practices are aligned with Canada Revenue Agency requirements and fundraising best practices
• Prepares, prints, and distributes tax receipts, acknowledgement letters, and thank you letters ongoing during the year and at year-end
• Develops promotional materials, annual fundraising, and related materials (brochures, annual reviews, fact sheets, etc.) in consultation with the Manager of Community Resources and Executive Director.
• Liaises with businesses, community groups, service clubs, schools, churches, etc. to coordinate speaking engagements, donation drives, and corporate giving
• Researches grant opportunities; coordinates applications; liaises with program and finance staff to submit applications; writes grant proposals
• May prepare data entry, receipting, donor recognition, and other tasks associated with in-kind donations received through Harbour Light’s food procurement program
• Organizes and promotes fundraising events and fundraising-focused projects; coordinates holiday and community special events
• Assists in preparation and staffing of displays, exhibits, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes event performance and trends, prepares reports and makes recommendations
• Maintains event calendar with critical path to ensure deadlines are met
• Liaises with the DHQ PR & Development team to achieve mutual goals
• Represents Harbour Light during the capital campaign process, as needed
• Provides administrative support as necessary
• Supervises a team of dedicated volunteers (regular volunteers and event volunteers)
• Provides tours of the Harbour Light to individuals and groups
• Assists in the development of related policy and procedures
• Works occasional evenings/weekends for fundraising events and speaking engagements
• The successful applicant will have relevant post-secondary education and/or professional development courses.
• At least two years of prior related experience including fundraising, coordinating events, administrative assistance and database management experience.
• Willingness to adhere to the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army
• Must demonstrate ability to treat clients with dignity and respect
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly confidence in public speaking, persuasive writing, active listening, and ability to adapt messages to different audiences.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Current Certification in First Aid/CPR (or willingness to be trained)
• Willingness to provide Criminal Records Review Agency (CRRA) clearance to work with vulnerable adults
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.