Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Family Empowerment Caseworker
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Attention: Connie Cristall , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The Community Based Program Worker will assist and support the Family Empowerment program (a community based program that supports individuals with loved ones in active addiction and/or with mental health issues). The successful candidate will also provide social service assistance to eligible clients and interview clients to determine need and eligibility for programs offered through Crossroads Community Church.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
• Conduct intake interviews for applicants to the Family Empowerment program.
• Keep good records and statistics with regards to the Family Empowerment Program.
• Facilitate classroom teaching as delegated by Family Empowerment Director
• Coordinate the purchase and preparation of program supplies
• Provide opportunity for integration into the church family
• Pray with program participants as they are willing
• Liaison with partnering agencies
• provide input into the establishment of policies and procedures with regards to Community based programing
• Be familiar with emergency procedures
• Assist program participants in establishing goals and monitoring progress
• Build and maintain data base (e.g. volunteer information, contacts lists, SAMIS)
• Monitors appropriate behaviour; intervenes in crisis situations, provides emotional support and advocacy as required.
• Distributes funds and resources to program participants and Community Based Services clients in accordance with established guidelines.
• Perform other related duties
Part-time 30 hours a week
QUALIFICATIONS: 2 years post secondary education and Experience in the field of addictions/ mental health issues
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.