Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Digital Media Coordinator
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for managing the SalvationArmy.ca website and other regional subsites for the organization. The Digital Media Coordinator creates the look, layout and features of other Salvation Army websites as assigned as well as preparing online reports and e-newsletters. The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of the online donation platform and ensuring that donation pages are integrated well into the website. The Digital Media Coordinator also assists with graphic design projects as assigned.
• Website content updates and maintenance using WordPress
• Modification/creation of website landing pages, donation forms, content pages, contact forms, etc.
• Modification/creation of email newsletters & fundraising appeals using industry best practices
• Sending of personalized and segmented emails
• Reporting on the success and areas of optimization for all email campaigns
• Suggesting areas of potential optimization across all web/digital channels through the use of A/B testing and structured reporting
• Direct and/or manage agencies, vendors and/or other third-parties working on the development of more complex tech requirements, digital marketing campaigns or other initiatives
• Regular reporting on website, email & fundraising performance with accompanying recommendations for improvement
• Deep understanding of responsive design and the differences between mobile/desktop browsers
• Prior experience developing code for emails and an understanding of the channel’s capabilities/limitations
• Proficient in Google Analytics: developing custom reports, segments, ecommerce, channel attribution, etc.
• Experience in Luminate Online an asset (CMS, Donation Management, Email Management, TeamRaiser)
• Experience with other content/email management systems
• Understanding of CASL, rules/laws around email subscriptions
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
• Experience with search engine marketing, display advertising, social media an asset
• Communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Results driven
Completion of a college/university program in computer science, graphic arts, web design or digital marketing is required.
Two years of prior related experience. Must have experience working with WordPress, HTML, Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.