Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Community Ministries Worker
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
E-mail: Attention: Capt. Fred Reid firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The Community Ministries Worker provides leadership in leading a range of community based ministry programs in accordance with Salvation Army mission, values and standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Ensures that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is exemplified in the performance of all job responsibilities and through personal example
• Plans, prepares and leads effective Community Ministry Based Programs to make a positive impact on community
• Ensures ministry and program objectives are consistently accomplished and that a spiritual focus is applied to all programs
• Prays with and shares the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with clients, other staff and volunteers, as appropriate (including linking individuals to Corps family and church programs where possible)
• Interviews clients assesses each client’s needs, recommends programs and services to the clients, provides Salvation Army programs to the clients and refers the clients, when necessary, to other agencies
• Serves clients for food bank
• Develops strategies and recommendations for program improvements
• Tracks stats for SAMIS and CMS
• Assists with ongoing strategic planning to ensure Community Ministry Based Programs reflect community needs as they evolve in our changing socioeconomic climate
• Provides input into the preparation of the operating budget
• Provides input in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for Community Ministry Based Programs
• Networks with Salvation Army and community social service providers to improve programs and avoid duplication as required
• Attends regular staff meetings
• Good team player
• Some evening and weekends required
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Completed up to 2 years of post-secondary education
• Minimum 1 year of prior experience
• Willingness to learn and support the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army
• Competence in developing and maintaining client relations, and interagency relations
• A team player; ability to work in a compassionate, respectful, and non-judgmental manner
• Experience with facilitating programs and performing administrative tasks
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to enter data and perform statistical analysis efficiently and accurately
• Experience with community developments
• A valid Driver’s License and a clear Drivers Abstract
• Able to provide a clear police check including the vulnerable sector in accordance with TSA policy
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• 35 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.