Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Christmas Kettle Coordinator
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Major Sharon MacLeod: Sharon_MacLeod@can.salvationarmy.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The Christmas Kettle Coordinator ensures the smooth running of the Kettle Campaign, maximizing donations and coordinating staffing (employees and volunteers).
CHARACTERISTIC JOB DUTIES:
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
– May assist in the recruitment of Kettle Workers (employees and volunteers), assisting with orientation, performance management, discipline and payroll processing
– Coordinates the schedule for kettle staff, and responds to emergency absences, etc.
– Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with kettle sites, addressing conflicts/issues as they arise
– Delivers and picks-up kettles to/from sites daily, ensuring the security of donations
– Hosts at kettle, as required, to ensure necessary coverage for breaks, etc.
– May assume responsibility for coordinating kettle counters and/or overseeing counting
– Record statistical data and prepare weekly timesheets, as required, for local/divisional/territorial offices
– Performs other duties as assigned
NOTE: Not all incumbents perform all of the duties described above but perform a similar range of duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED:
The successful job applicant will have completed High School.
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent must have the following experience before hire:
– More than three months but less than one year of prior related experience.
PHYSICAL EFFORT/DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
The performance of the job requires frequently transporting kettle stands, driving and occasionally hosting kettles.
Working Conditions: Contract position
October 23rd to December 29th, 2017
25 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, OCTOBER 4th, 2017
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Please note any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.