Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Client Services Worker Night Shift
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (403) 410-1103
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO YOUR COMMUNITY BY JOINING OUR TEAM!
We are looking for a full-time Client Service Worker for our Women’s Integrated Supportive Housing program (WISH). This is a facility in the southwest community of Killarney for up to 23 women needing emergency beds and or assistance transitioning to their own accommodation.
Here’s what we have to offer you:
• Rewarding work where you know you are making a difference to the lives of women in the community
• Being part of an international organization doing important work worldwide
• Benefits: health and dental benefits, employer RRSP contributions (matching not required), time off allowance, Employee Assistance Program.
Here are highlights of the requirements you need to get an interview:
• Has completed up to 2 years Community College in Social Work or other related diploma or equivalent
• At least one year of experience performing similar work and/or working with a marginalized client population
• Must understand and have some case management experience
• Able to pass a Police Information Check and Child Intervention Check
• Enjoy working under pressure in a fast paced and highly challenging front line environment
• Want to support the mission and core values of The Salvation Army
Here’s how you will contribute to the program:
• Providing day-to-day support for the clients
• Obtaining Information and preparing reports or case histories on clients
• Appraising client’s needs or eligibility for specific services
• Maintaining statistics and preparing monthly reports
• Liaising with other social agencies and health care providers involved with clients
• Administrative, office and housekeeping activities
Candidates with a Social Work education are required to be registered with the ACSW
GRADE: Regular Full time 32 hours per week (Friday to Monday: 11:00 pm to 7:30 am)
Please include Competition number WISH050917(N) in the subject line of your application.
View our website to learn more about the WISH and other programs we offer here:http://www.salvationarmycalgary.org/residential.html
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.