Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Assistant Executive Director
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (403) 410-1103
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
Providing Christian leadership by assisting with ongoing program management in conjunction with the Executive Director including:
• Assisting with planning, development and implementation of strategic initiatives
• Monitoring and ensuring consistency in case management systems and practices
• Assisting with planning and policy evaluation
• Assisting with program evaluation and development
• Liaising with community resources and partners to encourage community involvement in programs
• Preparing forecasts and problem-solving
• Assuming responsibility for the operations of Community Services (Calgary) in the absence of the Executive Director.
• University degree in a related field; an alternative level of education and experience may be accepted
• At least 5 years of related experience, including management experience in a non-profit
• Demonstrated ability in program planning, development and evaluation
• Able to pass a police information check with a vulnerable sector search
Candidates with a Social Work education are required to be registered with the ACSW
GRADE: Regular Full Time – 40 hours per week
Please include Competition #: ED31617 in the subject line of your application.
View our website to learn more about this and other programs we offer: http://www.salvationarmycalgary.org/
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.