Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
End User Support Analyst- Intermediate _ 2 Full time positions available
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Employee Relations, Fax: (416) 422-6352, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
The End User Support (EUS) Analyst works directly with end-users to diagnose and resolve computer hardware and/or software problems; Answers Help Desk calls and works primarily on troubleshooting; Provides technical support to users at all levels within the organization; Works with support staff and hardware maintenance companies to have repairs done on computers and provides detailed diagnosis of problems and solutions.
Help Desk Calls
• Receives calls from users requesting information or assistance in solving problems with hardware, software, or applications;
• Log calls, and performs problem analysis;
• Monitors calls until work is complete, usually within 3 working days;
• Receives project assignments from the Project leader– Implementations or the P/L – Support including completion schedules;
• Provides training or coaching (in person or over the phone) to users or make suggestions regarding formal training for end users by Implementation Group or by outside companies.
• Assists the user to perform remedial actions;
• Using the symptoms provided by the user, determine the root cause of problem as well as the solution;
• The Analyst may seek help from other department staff to increase their knowledge of the areas and nature of the problems;
• Communicates with other departmental groups regarding potential problem resolution or
Maintaining “Problems” Database
• Ensuring understand all items in the “knowledge base” database;
• Through working on user problems and discussions with co-workers, identifies common problems and appropriate solutions;
• Prepares a coherent description of the problem and the solution. The Analyst then enters the description into the “knowledge base” database.
• Sets up hardware according to departmental and/or manufacturer prepared specification sheets;
• The Analyst loads and sets up software and application programs according to departmental and/or manufacturer prepared specification sheets;
• Where problems and/or setups are beyond the ability or resources of the department, the Analyst requests services from outside companies after obtaining financial approval from the Mgr, I&S or the appropriate Department Head, DSBA or Commanding Officer (who will be responsible for paying for the services);
• Assists with general office and clerical duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Degree/Certificate from a recognized college or technical school; or six to twelve months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable;
• Ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English;
• Read, analyze, and interpret, technical procedures;
• Prepare written reports and present information in a clear manner both written and orally.
• Ability to communicate fluently in French is considered an asset;
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables;
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
• Interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to work in a demanding team oriented environment;
• Must demonstrate patience and empathy, and be able to tactfully deal and communicate with end users;
• Must be conscientious and reliable with a strong commitment to customer service and problem resolution;
• Ability to continuously learn and utilize new technologies;
• Ability to work under stress and high pressure environments for extended periods of time;
• Excellent working knowledge and problem solving ability with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) is essential;
• Working knowledge of Lotus Notes and PC hardware.
Please include the competition # 17-005 in the subject line of your email.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.