Working for the Salvation Army has many benefits
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.8 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
Program Director – Emergency and Transitional Residential Services
ApplyInterested Applicants must respond in writing to:
Attention: Ian McKenzie, Executive Director, Fax: (867)-668-5763, Email: Ian_McKenzie@can.salvationarmy.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
We are seeking an experienced and professional leader in social services to become a member of our Management Team. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to manage and develop our emergency shelter and transitional housing programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for maintaining a high level of service for our residents, a safe workplace for our employees and volunteers, and strong community partnerships; as well as exploring innovative solutions to meet our strategic priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with service and management teams to ensure program and client needs are being addressed on an ongoing basis.
• Staff engagement, including hiring, training, mentorship and performance management.
• Program development, including identifying gaps in service and developing new initiatives and partnerships
• Develop , review and implement policies and procedures
• Stakeholder engagement
• Public relations, including tours and speaking on behalf of programs
• Staff scheduling and payroll reconciliation
• Work with management team to develop consistent tools to streamline processes and create statistics, measurable evaluation and reports.
• Ensure program is adhering to budgetary limitations by reviewing monthly statements of revenue and expenses and responding to significant variances
• Anticipate and mitigate program risks to staff and clients, including health and safety issues, policies and procedures, etc.
• Client engagement, including supporting client service team in coordinating and communicating case plans for clients.
• Ongoing staff training
• Contract compliance
• Stay current with changes in sheltering and homeless policies, cultural shifts and best practices
Experience and Qualifications
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 1 – 3 years management experience
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); able to present with confidence, develop collaborative relationships and engage and motivate a diverse staffing team
• Excellent moral character with a high value on integrity and ethics
• Experience working in a diverse workplace and sensitive to issues that may arise from cross cultural communications; able to promote a positive and inclusive work environment
• Excellent time management, prioritization and resiliency skills
The Salvation Army offers a competitive, benefits package, an RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.