World Homeless Day, October 10, was created to draw attention to people who are homeless and their needs. Around the world individuals are encouraged to stop and think about the homeless in their communities and what they can do to help.
Here’s what you can do:
- Educate yourself and others. Don’t accept the stereotype that all homeless people are alcoholics, addicts and people who don’t want to work.
- Advocate for the homeless. Vote for those who are actively involved in homeless issues.
- Treat homeless people with kindness and respect.
- Volunteer with a group that works on the streets, in a soup kitchen or a shelter.
- Raise funds. Every little bit counts.
You can take action and make a difference.