It’s easy, accessible and you don’t have to leave the comforts of home. With the Christmas season under way, now is a great time to embrace technology to help others.
The Salvation Army’s online kettle, fillthekettle.com, compliments the traditional bell-ringing campaign used in front of retail stores at 2,000 locations across Canada. Money raised is used to help those in need in local communities during the Christmas season and year-round. Nationwide, the campaign helps provide 1.8 million Canadians toys, food, clothes, money for heating bills, and a wide-range of other social services.
FilltheKettle.com is a microsite owned and operated by The Salvation in Canada that contains all necessary information to support the work of The Salvation Army using the online environment. Visitors can:
• Make a general donation in support of the work of The Salvation Army.
• Locate a physical kettle anywhere in Canada using google map technology.
• Donate online directly to any of the kettles found on the map of Canada.
• Fundraise with your own virtual kettle, encouraging friends and family to donate.
• Host your own fundraising event.
Once you visit www.FilltheKettle.com, simply choose your option and follow the steps to participate in The Salvation Army’s 2012 Christmas Campaign.
In terms of charitable giving, does technology impact your donating?