For many, the Christmas season means, gifts, parties and fun with friends and family. But the reality is that one in 11 Canadians live in poverty. They may not have a hot meal on Christmas Day or neatly-wrapped gifts under the tree.
Do you want to make someone’s life a little easier? With a little planning, lots of passion and six simple steps you’ll help someone when they need it most. And you might even inspire others to do the same.
1. Call your local Salvation Army, ask the question “what do you need?” and get the specifics involved.
2. Choose a start and end date for a toy/food/clothing drive.
3. Decide where you’ll collect the donations.
4. Set goals and encourage people to help you surpass your goals.
5. Use local and social media to reach new audiences.
6. Give your contacts updated totals.
A simple, grassroots drive can have a great impact!