On Wednesday, August 1, Toronto’s Breakfast TV Live Eye with Jennifer Valentine will broadcast from The Salvation Army’s Burlington Thrift Store.
From 7 – 9 a.m. four segments will feature the production room (with Salvation Army spokesperson Jerome DeGraaf),a home decor vignette, an interview with Major Gary Brown, The Salvation Army’s PR director for the area, and hot summer fashions.
Segment 1 – The Production Room:
- A look at how our Thrift Stores process donations and get the items onto the sales floor
- Jennifer will have a chance to get involved in sorting, pricing and tagging items.
Segment 2: Home Decor Vignette
- We will have a “room” (i.e. bedroom, living room or dining room) set-up using home furnishings from the Thrift Store
- our spokesperson will talk with Jennifer about the products used in the display, price points, home decor trends, etc.
Segment 3 – Interview with officer from local Salvation Army unit
- The Salvation Army rep will talk with Jennifer about why it is important for viewers to donate and support The Salvation Army
- He will explain how the funds generated by Thrift Stores are used to support programs and will describe some of these programs
Segment 4 – Hot Summer Fashions
- We will have models to showcase several on-trend looks for the summer
- Our spokesperson will talk with Jennifer about the different looks which will include clothing, accessories, footwear, etc.
Our Spokesperson – Jerome De Graaf:
A former fashion model turned Retailer & Consultant, Jerome has worked in such cities as; Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and San Francisco and his work has been featured in a number of national magazines, newspapers and television