Work without pay? Yes! Volunteering may be one of the most valuable experiences of your life. It’s a double win: your community or cause benefits from your work and you benefit from your experiences.
There are volunteer opportunities for everyone, in every place, to fit every schedule.
So why volunteer?
1. You learn to count your blessings
2. You develop a sense of accomplishment and self-worth
3. You help improve the quality of someone’s life
4. It allows you to take action to promote what you think is important
5. It’s an opportunity to learn new skills
6. You get to be around motivated people
7. It provides a surge of positive energy
8. It makes you feel more connected
9. It’s a great way to get work experience
10. You meet new friends
What motivates you to volunteer?